Friday 20 June 2008

Scapegoats or Money-grabbing So & So's?

Flicking through my virtual Times (as you do) I stumbled into one of those lovely articles that sometimes cheers the cockles of your heart - "Former Bear Stearns fund managers Ralph Cioffi and Matthew Tannin arrested by FBI".

For those who don't know, these two delightful individuals were Bear Stearns fund managers and "responsible" for the credit crunch.

The FBI then went on a little crazy session, arresting another 50 individuals, bringing the count to some 400 in three months.

Now they probably deserve what comes to them (...however I would think that, since I am having a trying time to attempt to sell my own house...) but if the US federal government decide to level "you brought the world to it's knees" charges, those lovely individuals will be ....for want of a better word - "screwed".

For those who would like to read it from the horse's mouth go to the The Times here.

2 comments:

Smoking Gun said...

And who says that Americans over-react!!!!!!!

Ethan said...

Next up on the hit list is Merril Lynch and the Bank of America...sorry I didn't mean hit list, it should be "investigation".